What does ekosfere mean?


ekosfere stands for ecosphere, the atmospheric layer of the earth where living beings exist with non-living materials. We believe that the human lifestyle should not negatively impact other beings or ecosystems. That is why we are on a mission to improve this relationship.




How does this work?


When you are running out of a product, click on the product you need on our Products page. We deliver the refills in 16oz glass jars. If you need more than 1 jar (16oz) of products, you can increase the quantity. We call this the closed-loop jar system. After your refills finish and you put your next order, please clean the jars and leave them outside your door so when we drop your new order with refilled jars, we can pick them up and reuse them again. IMPORTANT NOTE For the closed-loop jar system to work, everyone should do their part. Please clean the jars before the new order drops off. We will also clean them again before we refill and reuse them.




Where do you deliver?


We currently deliver in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens. Please email us if we do not deliver to your area yet. We plan on expanding to other cities over time.




What should I do before the delivery?


If it is your first order, you do not need to do anything. Just sit back and wait for our delivery. If you are a returning customer, please clean the 16oz jars from your previous order and leave them outside your door (or with your doorman) for us to pick them up when we drop off your new delivery.




Where do you get your products from?


We do not buy from a specific buyer as we are always looking for the best products out there which fit our standards of being vegan, biodegradable, and mostly organic. Instead of selling brand names that are more expensive to the customer, we put a lot of hours into researching the best products at a great price.




Can I get a refund?


If you are unhappy with our cleaning products, we want to make it right! We offer 100% hassle-free refunds, email to let us know why you would like a refund.




What do you do with the packaging the products come with?


We buy in bulk and thus we minimize the number of containers needed. We then send back 95% of our containers to the seller for them to reuse in their other products. The rest 5% we have repurposed and reuse in our operations. We recycle any other packaging through state and Terracycle programs.




What is a closed loop jar system?


The closed-loop jar system is our way of delivering products without any packaging waste. It is the same concept as the milkman system. We use 16oz glass jars to deliver products to your door front. After you use our products and place the next order, please clean the jars and put them outside your door (or leave them with the doorman). When we come to deliver your new order, we pick up the old jars. For the system to work, everyone should do their part. Please wash the jars thoroughly before you return them. We will also clean them again and sanitize them before reusing them for another delivery.




Which boroughs do you pick up compost from?


Our compost service extends to all boroughs of New York City.




Where do you compost the food scraps?


We do not compost the food scraps ourselves. We drop the residential food scraps at GrowNYC compost locations. We partner with farms in Upstate New York to compost commercial food waste. Email us to learn more about this.




How do you clean the jars after each use?


We wash the jars according to FDA regulations and sanitize them before delivering them to you.




Where do you base the claims on your labels?


We make vegan, biodegradable, and cruelty-free claims based on our supplier labeling.





If you are a residential client, please follow the composting guidlines laid out on the Residential Compost Page. If you are a business, we accept all organic waste, being vegetable scraps, meat, dairy, compostable plastics etc. Please contact us and we will provide you with detailed guidelines.





Q&A